Tuesday, August 17, 2010

My thoughts

Well, I thought that I would write down some of my thoughts. The big thing that that is going on is that Jonathan is not sleeping or having a hard time. We started this back when we came home from California. It has been very hard two weeks. We cut out naps, which is so hard for me cause this is my quiet time, although I knew it was coming to an end. But, even cutting out naps didn't help. It would be one thing if he just wasn't sleeping, but there is outrageous crying and wanting the other parent, wanting to sleep in our bed. So for the first few days after Dave was done with patience, it was my turn (being around 1 am). I was so tried and having to work the next day. I would either put him into bed with me or lay him on the ground. Well, after doing my four days of work close together, and having over a week off. I decided that we needed to figure something out. He was saying he was scared of monsters, so I had this thought that I should read a book series to him. We have started reading the Magic Tree House Series. He really enjoys it, I will read to him tell he is either alseep or almost there. But, he will wake up and after 1 or 2 hours. Then the shift work begins with Dave and I. We have rearranged his bedroom at Jonathan's request, given him little treats in the morning if he stays in his bed. We have had to shut his door, which doesn't seem that bad. But, Jonathan is VERY scared of the dark and this freaks him out. He screams and kicks- he did this for about 45 minutes, but he was so worked up that he was about to throw up. He finally calmed down and Dave opened the door. We have only had to do that once. The last two nights have been the most successful, so we are hoping that he is getting out of this phase. So we are doing 21 days in his room and when he has done this he gets big reward either Chucky Cheeses or making his own build a bear. He hasn't choose yet! However, the one thing that has come from this is more one on one time with me, which is nice. He usually wants me to read to him at night and we read a little during quiet time. I have enjoyed this part of it.
Another subject that has been on my mind recently is Motherhood. I am so thankful that Heavenly Father has blessed me with Jonathan and Sarah, and another one on the way. I am thankful at this time in my life that Heavenly Father blessed me with Jonathan and Sarah so close together. I remember when I found out that I was pregnant with Sarah. I didn't know how I would do it. But, Heavenly Father has given me little blessings and tender mercies to help me when they both were so small, and now they are so close and love to play with each other (most of the time), and Sarah just loves Jonathan she will come up to him randomly and just put her head on his lap and he will just stroke her hair. It is so precious! With that said I do believe that each one of us has a plan of our own of rearing children and when to have them. I do feel that this is a scared responsibility between my husband, me and Heavenly Father. I know that this little one is supposed to come to our home at this time. I do feel that there is another one to come after her. I might surprise or shock people about the timing of my children, but that is between Dave, me and Heavenly Father. You might ask me how many I am going to have or when the next one will come. I do not know, but I do know that we will have as many as the Lord wants us to have!

7 comments:

Linda said...

We have children by faith and I know the Lord is bless you and Dave as you listen to him. We love you and Dave so very much!

Emily in Wonderland said...

I know this is probably a really dumb question but does Jonathan have a nightlight in his room?

Congratultions on the new baby! I am so happy for you. That is so wonderful. I think it is time you put up a baby counter up on the blog so we can keep track how far along you are!

Julia said...

This is a really sweet post. I love you insights. Congrats on being pregnant again. You are such an amazing mother!

Amy said...

Drew went through the same stage as Jonathan. We put a night light in his room and made a "monster spray". It was just a small water bottle with water in it but every night we would spray the monsters away and it worked great for him. Goodluck and congrats on being pregnant!

Sarah Keith said...

you are amazing

Lindsey said...

Love all your family vacation picts. You guys look like you had so much fun together! That sounds rough with the sleep training. Hang in there. He will get it! I am sure you are the best Mother ever and this baby comin is lucky to have you as a mom!

Jessica Munk said...

Congrats!! I am so happy for you! That's exciting, when are you due?