Friday, February 8, 2008

It's a GIRL!!!!

Our Sweet Baby Girl!
This is Sarah 2 days old!
Our new Family!
Getting ready to go home, she is such a sweet baby!
So, for those of you who didn't know Shirlene had the baby Thursday the 7th at about 3:45 p.m. in the afternoon. She was in labor from Monday with light contractions that built into full heavy labor on Wednesday. Her membranes were striped Wednesday afternoon and from then on she was in some serious pain. At about 10:45 p.m. we went into the hospital and she was admitted at 12:15. (Thank goodness for the epidural) 17 hours later Sarah Shirlene Harris was born. She weighed in at 8 lbs 15 oz (half Jonathans weight) and measured 19.5 inches. Both mom and baby are doing great! Shirlene is happy to report that Sarah does not look completely like me. (As that was a big concern of hers) They both should be coming home on Saturday Afternoon. I'm looking forward to having them both home again. Thank you all for your prayers and support. Special thanks to the Kumps & Petersons for their help with Jonathan. Another special thanks to Dr. Wolsey for his patience with Shirlene and I through this pregnancy. Pictures will be posted tomorrow.
Dave

10 comments:

Megan said...

Yippee!!!! I'm so excited for you guys. Can't wait to see pics.

Becky said...

I am so excited for you all... children are such a wonderful blessing! Love ya much!

Hafen girls story club said...

Congratulations you two! That is really great news, and I love the name Sarah! How exciting.

Amy said...

Congrats...can't wait to see the pictures!

Julia said...

She is so beautiful and sweet! Did I talk to you on Wednesday? It sounds like it was a long labor. I hope you were able to get some rest in the hospital. Congratulations! Let me know how I can help you.

Julie Jan said...

Congrats!! She is so beautiful!! I hope we someday get a girl!!

the DeCampos Family said...

She is so cute and fits right into the family. I am glad that you didn't have to have a c and sorry that you were in labor for so long. Hope you are feeling better!

Dustin and Nicki said...

oh my goodness she is so cute!! I love her and can't wait to see her!

Sarah Keith said...

Happy are we! Happy are we! Sarah and Micah Keith give a big shout out to your beautiful Sarah Harris! You two must be so proud - she is beautiful and gorgeous, just like her parents...(and we agree that she doesn't look completely like David, too). We're glad mom and baby are fine and everything worked out...Grow Harris family, grow!

Jessica said...

Congratulations!

Your adorable baby girl looks just like you. I'm sure you're elated! I love being able to keep up with your life via the Harris Family blog!

Love ya!