Friday, January 15, 2010

Happy Birthday!

This past Monday was my Birthday, the day after getting home! I was glad that I was home for my Birthday! It was a relaxing home around the house. I just did laundry, unpacked, went to the bank, blogged. It was a nice Birthday!The kids got me some lotion/body spray (with the help of Grandma and Grandpa). When I got Jonathan up that morning he knew it was my birthday! It was really cute! He let me that I had a present!
Grandma and Grandpa got me this great cookbook!
That afternoon after Sarah woke up from her nap, she wanted Daddy to read to her! They enjoy having Mommy and Daddy home!
Dave had school in the morning, when he came home from class he surprised me with these beautiful roses!
That night my Mom had us over for dinner! It was so nice to spend time with my family!
Jodie made this awesome cake! I loved it!
I liked this picture, kind of cool!
After dinner the kids wanted to play on the piano, and they wanted me to be with them!
Well, I felt like this week was a marathon of posts. But, now I am updated and I feel a lot better! Now to get my house put back together!
I have to tell this funny story of Jonathan that happen last night. So while I was gone, their was an awesome sale at Dillard's and my Mom got a few things for Sarah. So i was talking to Dave about keeping these PJ's for Sarah for her Birthday and I spelt out Birthday. Well, Sarah was in the other room and Jonathan was listening to us. Then he said "Momma is that for Sarah's Birthday?" I just looked and him in amazement and shock and started to laugh. Now that is a smart boy!!!
Tonight I was getting the kids ready for bed and Sarah was extra tried cause she didn't sleep for her nap. So I was telling her that she was ready for Bed and I spelled out Bed and Jonathan tried to spell it. He is learning so much. Since I have been home I have felt like Jonathan's speech is a lot clearer, which is great. I think over all Jonathan did pretty good with us gone. But now he just wants to make sure that Dave or I is going with him. So he is having a hard time going to preschool, but after 5 minutes he is okay!
Sarah had the hardest time, the first day or so their was a lot of tantrums and whining. But with giving her love and attention, and going to time out they have dwindled. I have sensed that Sarah doesn't want to be a baby anymore she wants to be independent and big girl. Yes, she will be two in 3 weeks- crazy! Sarah has always hated the car seat. But I have found that if I let her get in the car by herself and choose if she wants to sit in hers or Jonathan's (since they are about the same weight- they are interchangeable) she doesn't fight as much. And then if I get her out first and have her walk over to Jonathan's door by HERSELF, and she stands their waiting for Jonathan and then they hold hands when we walk into a store, Sarah is happy as can be! As I was thinking back i think around this time with Jonathan I started training him to get out of the car and wait as I got Sarah out. Well, we will see how this independence thing goes with Sarah. It think it is time ti read love and logic again, but thinking about Sarah and hoe to help her. I decided that is what I am going to buy with my birthday money- I am excited about that!

2 comments:

Emily in Wonderland said...

It sounds like you had a great birthday! And your cake is so pretty! who is Jodie?

It does sound like Sarah is ready to grow up and be a big girl. You really hit that on the head. she wants to be independent!

Sounds to me like it is time for another baby!!!! :D

Our Family said...

Jodie is my step mother in law! They were in town cause they were helping watch the kids while we were gone.
Oh and a big LOL with the last comment!