Thursday, January 14, 2010

Day 6!

The next day we woke up ready early to go Atving! It was raining still, but they told us that it was actually a lot better when it is raining cause then there is mud/puddles/and it is not too hot in the helmets. This was my first time on one, and I was very nervous. So we did a trail run, and I thought that maybe I should get on a double with Dave. But, Dave reassured me that I would be fine. A little while into it, I changed ATVs with Dave and it was such a better ride for me!

Before we got all dirty!

This was one of the first hills and our guide told me to just keep it on gas and not to stop. So i went and I really just followed the girls in front of me.
Well, the girls got some how in stuck and I thought that I was going to run into them and so I stopped and got stuck too. So the tour guide told me to trust him and he would help me up the hill and not fall off. I told him that I was all over the place and he basically told me to use my muscles and I would be fine!

I started to relax and got use to the ATV! Dave had a blast, and just LOVED it!


We went through a lot of different fields such as banana/papaya/yucca.

We stopped and ate breakfast, once again eggs and gallo pinto!


Then we went up to the Arenal waterfall, it was so pretty!

This isn't the best picture, which I was a little bummed about! Oh well!
I am so glad that looking back I did it on my own! It was a blast after I got the hung of it!
After we ate lunch and waited for our transfer. We checked out at noon and wasn't picked up till almost 3. So we hung out in the lobby and got on the computer. After getting way muddy and wet; I had a hard time warming up even thought it wasn't that cold.
Our transfer was called a jeep/boat/jeep
This is getting onto the boat!

We traveled for a good 2 hours on TERRIBLE roads. But we finally got to Monteverde, just in time for the sunset!
Isn't that just magnificent!!!!!
Our hotel! It as very nice, we stayed at El Establo that was up a hill. It reminded me of the Canyons in Park City. It was very windy/cold/rainy there! We went into town and got some food, it only cost 4 bucks round trip to go in. Since there was a lot of pizzeria we tried out on. I can't say it was that good. But we were hungry, and we didn't have to pay for the water (oh and the water from the sink is great because of the rainforest)
Since it was so humid, we had a hard time dying things there. It would take about a day and half to dry thing. At that place it cost about 15 bucks for 7 lbs of clothes so we opted to just wash the muddy things and dry the shoes. I love this picture cause of whats going on and then most of all Dave sunburned legs!

2 comments:

Liz said...

Sounds like an AMAZING trip!! I'm glad you guys had such a good time!

Linda said...

That looks really fun even in the rain!! :)