Thursday, December 17, 2009

Piano recital



Playing April child


After the first three kids played, Jonathan decided that it was his turn. He would say "my turn" after each person was done. So at the end of the rectial I said he could go up. He got up there and banged on the piano and then gave the proudest smile like "I did it"!


Jill and I






I had my piano recital yesterday! It took me a long time to get to this point, but I am glad I made it. Last spring I made goal to memorize my piece for this recital. I started the long process of learning it, to know it, to memorizing it, to adding dynamics, to building confidence. Well, I did it. After the performance I thought I did terrible and I was glad it was done. But tonight I listened to it again and I thought it was okay. I think the hardest thing for me was that at the end I totally messed up (I don't know what happened and how come I couldn't recover). But, looking back I am glad I memorized it because it made me stretch myself. I am thankful that I decided to start learning the piano over 3 years ago! I know that it will be a blessing to my family in the future.

3 comments:

Linda said...

So glad you are stretching yourself!! You are great! :)

Kerri said...

That's so fantastic...and performing memorized is not for the faint of heart! You've worked so hard. Congratulations!!!!!

shepherdhealth said...

Congrats Cousin, One of my goals in the new year is to start really leanring the piano. You are a good motivator.