Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Its time to update!


Spring I think might finally be here this weekend!  Maybe in the low 70's. Oh how wonderful!  We all cant wait for wonderful weather! (as you can tell I think that I start off each)  Well, I guess a lot has happened since the last time I posted my thoughts.  Well, Around the beginning of March I was going to be starting my nursing job.  But the problem was I just felt sick to my stomach, Dave gave me a blessing and in the blessing if specifically said that now is not the time!  I cried, I want to help out with the load but I know that my family needs me at home and we are managing!  I also have been trying to figure out what to do with Sarah, ever since I found out that there was no special needs preschool for Sarah I have been trying to decide what is the best for her and my options.  By praying, talking to my Aunt, my sister, and to Dave.  Well about the week before conference I wrote down all my concerns about life and got another blessing.  Even before conference started on Saturday I knew what I should do with Jonathan and Sarah with School.  I didn't want to do it, for many reasons.  But I knew that it was the right thing!  I would put Jonathan in public school and keep Sarah home.  I felt at peace.  I knew (and know) that Sarah just needs her Mom right now.  This is hard for me cause Sarah has bad days, just like we all do.  But when they are bad they are bad and super exhausting!  Jonathan is super excited, and I know it will be okay!  Although it is really hard to think he will be gone for so much of the day, it is the right thing for our family!  I have been really trying to become a better mother, I have taken on a challenge to not yell at my children.  I feel that over all I have been doing a good job.  I haven't yelled since I took the challenge, I can say that I have risen my voice.  But I am making a conscience effort.  Like this morning I was working with Jonathan and Gordon was playing by us and then I guess he found a marker (thank Heavens it was washable and light green) and started  coloring on the chair cushion.  I said his name sternly and then picked him up and put him in time out!  I felt proud of myself afterwards!  I listened to a conference talk about how we talk to our children, which is a good one.  It also talked about if I had 25 words to say to my children what would I say! This is what I came up with : I love you!  Family's important!  Enjoy moments now, listen to the spirit! Be kind, work hard, set goals, serve, become who you are, take pictures!  So one of my fears is that I will leave a child, it is true.  So when we get in the car we count off oldest to youngest.  And if we don't do this after about 2 or three miles in the car I will turn around frightened that I forgot someone!  Yes, what am I going to when more come! ;) I have started working out 5 days a week since April 1st and I have lost about 5 lbs.  It feels great, it is hard to get up but this week my body has started waking up before my alarm goes off! Don't like that!  But Jonathan says that he needs an alarm clock now so that he can go running with me ;)  Jonathan and Sarah both got new running shoes and Sarah thinks that they will make her run faster and is so proud of them (even her teacher at school commented to me about how she loves them), and Jonathan has learned how to tie his shoes and loves it!  Gordon knows how to say Costco "COSCO"  When ever we go over the hill and see Costco, I just love it!  Henry has two bottom teeth and his two top teeth are cutting in, still happy and loves to laugh! This last month Dave and I went on a date, the first time in about 7 or 8 month.  It was wonderful!  And my visiting teachers took me to Hot Chocolate and it was so great to get out without children!! :)

1 comment:

Julia said...

Oh Shirlene! You are doing such a great job as a mother. I am so proud of all that you are doing with your beautiful family. Your kids are just blossoming under your care. I can see it in all the pictures. I hope you guys are well. It is so hard to make big decisions about your kids. I am glad you are able to tap into the power of inspiration so you can be confident in your choices. Miss you!