Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Ladybug Nursery





I have been working on my little girls Ladybug nursery for a while now. I am almost done with it, and I think that it turned out so cute! Dave painted the walls yellow (this is so the nursery can go girl or boy in the future!). I color scheme is red, black, and a touch of yellow! I love red. So there is an assortment of didn't patterns in the bumper and quilt, with a lot of different polka dots to help the theme of ladybug continue! There were some that were skeptical that it wasn't girly enough- but at the end of the project everyone loves it (Dave is very proud of our nursery). I added a touch of bows throughout to bring in the girlyness. I have purchased a ladybug rug to make the theme continue through the room. Having a girl is making me stretch in ways that I have never stretched before. So I will keep you posted on how things are going!!

8 comments:

Kristin and Jason said...

I think that it looks good! Great job! Now you can have your baby!!

Becky said...

Shirlene you are such a talented seamstress! It looks adorable, and she'll love it when she comes!

Shelly Beth said...

It looks so cute! I really like your red nurseries. I remember really liking Jonathan's nursery when you finished it because of all of the red. Is Jonathan still in a crib? Did you have to get a new one for baby girl? When is your due date again. I think about you often and I am so excited for you. PS: Are you stretching in new ways literally/physically? Or also in your mind frame?

Megan said...

What an adorable room! I'm also a fan of yellow-that's the color of Harry's room. The ladybug stuff is really cute. You look ready to have the baby!

Liz said...

The nursery looks great. Also-You've been tagged! Go to my blog for instructions!

Julia said...

Wow! Good job Shirlene. You are a woman of incredible talents! I love the valence. Ladybugs is a darling theme.

Amy said...

Shirlene, you did a fantastic ob pn your little girl's nursery. I love the bumper and curtains. Where did you find the energy to do all that? How much longer do you have? Hope it all goes great!

Farr Family said...

I'm impressed!! It looks really cute! Your little girl is so blessed to be joining your family!!